Did you simply get a fresh Android phone? Why not a new HTC Incredible or Droid Evo? You’ve gotten the screens looking good, the font options just the manner in which you want them…but now you need a few Android apps to create it better yet? And free apps are usually better than ones you’ve to cover, right?
I’ve compiled a listing here of my Top 5 Android Apps (from the free apps category) that you’ll NEED to download onto your phone when you do anything else. Without further ado…
1. Bar Code Scanner – This app features a deceptively simple name, huh? It’s soooo powerful, though. You start the app and point at it ANY form of bar code codere apk, whether it’s the bar code on the rear of one’s Mountain Dew 20oz or one of those funny looking new QR Codes which can be just starting to pop-up everywhere, and the free app does the rest! I recently scanned a bottle of CVS water and the app connected me to the UPC Database and accurately found the number for me.
2. An E-Reader App – Which (or those!) you download is a matter of personal taste. For me, I prefer to obtain the best deal, so I downloaded most of the majors one: Barnes & Noble’s Nook, Amazon’s Kindle, and the Google Books app. This way I could read any format, have the max number of free ebooks, and even shop to discover the best price before I buy any.
3. V-Cast Song ID or Shazam – If you’re a Verizon customer, your phone will come pre-installed with the V-Cast Song ID app. I’ve been utilizing it for decades on non-Android phones and it has never failed me. If you’re not on Big Red, though, try to find Shazam and you must get functionality equal to, if not better, than V-Cast Song ID. With either app, all that you have to do is to modify the app on, hold it close to an audio, and wait for 10-20 seconds although it IDs the song and even links one to a download source or stores the title for later so you will get it from Amazon or iTunes.
4. Advanced Task Killer – In the event that you don’t fully grasp this app, you’ll be recharging your phone 3-4 times per day. Period. It active kills any processes (like your camera or maps apps) that you’ve accidentally left running in the backdrop so that you can maximize your battery life. Before I downloaded this app, I was literally recharging my Droid Incredible the aforementioned 3-4 times per day. Now I will recharge it once after lunch if I have been hearing music all morning.
5. Angry Birds / Angry Birds Seasons – What list of Android Apps could be complete without mentioning Rovio’s Angry Birds? In accordance with articles that Newsweek published on January 30, 2011, Rovio is taking aim at Nintendo’s Mario’s iconic status making use of their ticked off avians. This game is actually more of a crack-like addiction than anything I’ve ever experienced, and I would suggest it to EVERYONE who own a good phone, whether it’s Android- or Apple-based.